|Elk's Club on South Park Row and State Street. Photo by Chet Wasielewski, ©2012 Debbi Lyon.|
- Cars used to travel in the opposite direction around Perry Square
- The Elk's Club at the corner of South Park Row and State Street has been demolished
- The Earle Hotel is no more
- There were beautiful, tall trees in Perry Square
- The new City Hall in Erie, PA was not yet built
The image that you see above was taken from the curb near Gannon's Old Main (the old Strong Mansion) on 6th and Peach Street looking east.
Here's a photo looking down at the Elk's Club from the Richford Arms Hotel.
Here's a shot of the Elk's Club sign from 7th and State before it was razed.