|Old Time Erie photo by Debbi Lyon.|
1. Perry Square. Make this your vacation destination. Lots of events are centered here.
2. Oliver Hazard Perry statue (show here). Located on the east side of Perry Square. Perry points south and helps drivers navigate around the park.
3. Perry's flagship, the Brig Niagara. A must see, especially when she is under full sail coming through the channel.
4. Perry Monument. Located on Presque Isle State Park. Dedicated September 10, 1926.
5. Perry Elementary School, 955 West 29th St. Opened in 1913.
6. Perry Street runs north/south on Erie's east side.
7. Perry Plaza. On Broad St. on Erie's east side. Opened June 5, 1952
8. Perry Highway. Route 19 in Waterford, Erie County, PA.
9. Perry Memorial Building. On 2nd and French St. in Erie, across from the entrance to the UPMC/Hamot emergency room. Also known as the Dickson Tavern.
10. Commodore Perry Yacht Club and Perry's Landing Marina. A tip of the cap to Erie's maritime history with these two west bayfront businesses.
Enjoy more fun facts and photos of Erie, Pennsylvania at Old Time Erie