|-ad in the Erie Dispatch, October 21, 1917.|
According to the ad, Lincoln Green had some of the most modern amenities:Storm water sewers have been laid on 28th, 30th, 31st and Wayne streets, and part of East Ave.
Sanitary sewers have been laid on 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st, Ash, Reed, Wayne and Perry streets, and East Avenue.
A $65,000 paving contract for 28th street has been let, and the work of paving this street from Parade east is almost completed. Contract has also been let to pave Wayne street from 26th south to 29th street, and as soon as the storm-water sewer is completed pavement will be continued to 31st street, the site of the new Lincoln school. Contract has been let to pave East Avenue from 24th to 28th street, with plans to carry this south to the city limits next year...
Electric street lights have been placed on the corner of 28th and Ash streets, 28th and Wayne streets, 28th and Perry streets, 28th and Reed streets, 28th and East Avenue, 29th and Wayne streets, 30th and Wayne streets, 31st and Wayne streets, 31st and East Avenue, 31st and Reed streets, and 29th and East Avenue.
Prices range from $350 to $800 with a few business locations higher.
The new Lincoln School, at 31st and Wayne streets, to cost when completed $310,000, and accommodating nearly 1,000 pupils...The school means a new civic center for Southeast Erie.
Andrews Land Co. ran an ad showing the growth of Erie, Pennsylvania from 1910 to 1927. You can read it here: Growth of Erie PA
Find more fun facts about Erie PA at Old Time Erie