|East side of French St. between 5th and 6th. Photo by Chester Wasielewski. ©Debbi Lyon 2012.|
|1880 view of French Street.|
The space on the far left of the photo was employee parking for a downtown business. The D. C. Sullivan Co. (wholesale novelties) is the first building on the left, at 511 French Street in Erie, PA. The second building, at 515 French, was Buyers Fair, owned by the late Jack Lectner. The Perry Square Cafe (owned by George and Andrew Markopoulis) was located at 523 French St. There was a tavern at 531 French, on the corner of 6th and French.
The posts from the building on the far right were salvaged and still stand near the corner of 6th and French.
Enjoy more fun facts about the history of Erie, Pennsylvania at: Old Time Erie