Do you have an album full of old Erie photographs or postcards that you would like to share? Have an idea for an article? Need expert help with a genealogy question?
I have a special interest in photographs of State Street and Parade Street businesses in Erie, PA prior to 1960. Also, pre-1980 Erie rock bands, family photos of houses that have been demolished, destruction from floods, fires, car and train wrecks and photos of Erie Police officers and elected officials. Erie athletes. And old photos taken in Erie County cemeteries. Photos of Erie county dairies that sold bottled milk. And any old Erie postcards or or stereo view cards of Erie. Postcards that were sent home from summer camp. Pictures of Erie theaters, Waldameer Park, booths in the Central Market, Twelfth Street Market, Parade Street Market, the old National Guard Armory, concerts, etc.
Contact Debbi:Debbi Lyon
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Q: What projects are you currently working on?
A: My main project is Erie, Pennsylvania history. I'm always on the lookout for hidden treasures.
Q: How did you get interested in the history of Erie, PA?
A: I grew up in Erie and took art classes at the old Erie Public Museum. Russell McLaughlin was the program director and a Revolutionary War re-enactor. I learned a lot from him and have had other mentors through the years.
Q: How many websites do you have?
A: Just one, Old Time Erie
Q: How long have you been writing articles?
A: I have been writing professionally for 30 years. In addition to two local history books, my articles have been published in the Erie Daily Times, the Journal of Erie Studies, RTR, So-So-Ciety, Guitar Player magazine, Foundations, Billboard, and a variety of local indie music papers. Here's a recent article I wrote for Erie Magazine
Q: How often do you do PowerPoint presentations on Erie history?
A: I do a limited number of speaking engagements each year. I mainly concentrate on researching and writing articles. Thanks to those who joined me on August 8, 2013 at the Blasco Memorial Library in Erie, PA for the Old Time Erie Roadshow. (Sorry that some of you had to stand because the seats were all taken.)
Q: What is the best way to contact you?
A: The best way to reach me is via e-mail. Drop me a line here. Please send media requests to: email@example.com
Q: I published a book about Erie. Will you review it on Old Time Erie?
A: Yes. Send me an e-mail and I will give you my shipping address.
Q: I am cleaning out my parent's house. Do you accept donations of Erie related books, pamphlets, pictures and memorabilia?
A: Yes, Yes, Yes! I love surprises, and I am always grateful to find a small envelope or a large package of things in my mailbox.
Q: Do you get any strange e-mail or letters?
A: Yes, a lot more than I thought I would get. Some of them are odd and others are humorous. Here are a few examples:
- "What's up mates, pleasant piece of writing and pleasant arguments commented at this place. I am truly enjoying by these."
- "I have read a few just right stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting."
- "If sokme oone wishes expert view abput blogging and site-building after that i recommend him/her pay a visit this blog. Keep up the pleasant job."
- "I am afraid they're going to obtain lonely not sleeping with me at night. I got the baby monitor at a garage sale."
- "Does anyone know where I can buy emergency vehicle lights?"
- "I've plan to purchase the vinyl sheds but how I don't know. please suggest me."
- "These reliable and simple to utilize stair lifts makes your life easier and gives you a feeling of independence. Sometimes safety is really in the non-operation."
- "I thought it was so generous of me and the size would impress."
- "Everything is very open with a really clear explanation of the issues."
- "This is a costly turn of events that can only be rectified through the use of dedicated servers."
- "Hello Dear, are you truly visiting this website regularly, if so then you will absolutely obtain good knowledge."
- "What's up it's me, I am also visiting this website regularly, this web site is in fact nice and the users are in fact sharing fastidious thoughts."
- "To travel is to take a journey into yourself."