The old Villa Maria Elementary School was built around 1892 on the southwest corner of 8th and Liberty in Erie, PA. The photo above was taken around 1903, before the houses were constructed on the north side of West 8th St. When Villa opened it had 85 students. Villa Maria Academy moved to a different location on West 8th in 1953. Villa Maria Elementary followed, moving to 2551 West 8th St. in 1993. The institutions are run by the Sisters of St. Joseph.
Enjoy more fun historical facts and photos of Erie, Pennsylvania at Old Time Erie