The Masonic Temple Building in Downtown Erie, PA was constructed in 1909 and completed in 1910. This six-story building is located on the northeast corner of 8th and Peach. The grand lobby has beautiful marble and woodwork throughout.
The scene in the postcard above is much different today because the old Boston Store was constructed to the north of the Masonic Temple in place of the three-story building shown here. (You could enter the Boston Store on Peach Street and exit on State St.) The three-story building to the right of the Temple was the Ensign Building at 16 West 8th Street. The Ensign was replaced by a five-story building that is now occupied by UPMC Health Plan.
The Masonic Temple Building, at 32 West 8th St., is the home of the Perry Keystone No. 392, the Lawrence No. 708 and the Tyrian Commonwealth No. 362 Masonic lodges. There are a number of businesses, offices
Enjoy more fun facts about the history of Erie, Pennsylvania at: Old Time Erie