|Old Time Erie photo courtesy of Dr. Barbara Chambers.|
There are structured activities for campers such as games and hiking and nature exploration. The photo above was taken by Barbara Chambers in July of 1959, when a friend talked her into taking a summer job at Camp Glinodo. The girls are Fay March, Jane Straub, Gretchen Diem, Carole Amenta, Caroline Bushelman and Marcia Petrini.
In order to keep an eye on the young campers, the camp counselors slept on the front porch of the cottage, ensuring that no one would sneak out during the night. Campers slept inside, dorm style, in bunk beds.
The camp name was changed to Glinodo Conference Center in 1980. The property includes 1,000 feet of lakefront property.
Enjoy more historic facts and photos of Erie, PA at: Old Time Erie