The PA Department of Commerce published a booklet called "Quaint and Interesting Cartoons about Pennsylvania" which gave a few tidbits about Erie, PA.
- Erie County is home to Presque Isle State Park.
- So many grapes are grown in Harborcreek and North East that you can see and smell the vineyards while driving across Route 20 at harvest time.
- The Erie Triangle was purchased for 75¢ an acre.
- Ships used in the Battle of Lake Erie during the War of 1812 were built in Erie, PA.
- George Washington visited Waterford, PA in 1753.
Enjoy more fun facts and photos at: Old Time Erie