The Erie County Courthouse at 140 West 6th Street in Erie, PA has nearly doubled in size since this postcard was released. The trees on the right side were removed to make way for a courtyard. An addition to the right side of the structure mirrors the one shown here. The Erie courthouse has quite a history. Many documents and memorabilia were destroyed by fire around 1823. The west side of the building, shown above, now houses the offices of the Recorder of Deeds, Prothonotary, Register of Wills, Marriage Bureau, Tax and Revenue, Planning, Clerk of Courts and several courtrooms.
Enjoy more historic facts and photos of Erie, PA at: oldtimeerie.blogspot.com