|-Wayne Brewing ad in Erie Dispatch-Herald October 15, 1936|
The stubby Wayne Brew Pilsener Beer 12 ounce bottles were introduced in 1936. They had wooden crates scaled to the size of the 6.5" bottle so they could be easily loaded onto delivery trucks; take-out 24 packs had a different carrier. Wayne Brewing items are highly collectible, and are often seen in antique shops and on eBay.
Wayne Brewing had at least six main buildings in its heyday. The bottling house was located on the northeast corner of East 17th and Parade. The main complex was on East 17th Street behind the two buildings on the southeast corner of East 17th and Parade.
Enjoy more historic facts and photos of Erie, PA at Old Time Erie