Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Shopping My Closet- Boston Store Bag

I guess I should clean the closet more often. I did not find my sweat pants, but I did find three pairs of shorts and this cool bag from the Boston Store in Erie, PA. 

I think you could fit a small child in this bag. I can't imagine lugging this thing on a city bus either. Unless it held a comforter or a stuffed lion. 

So, my question is, What is the biggest thing you ever bought at the Boston Store? 

If you would like to leave a comment, click on the title of the post above. Then type your comment in the white box near the end of the article. 

"The Boston Store, In the heart of downtown Erie, Where you choose from more."

Enjoy old Erie, PA photos and stories at: oldtimeerie.blogspot.com

9 comments:

  1. I once bought a huge box that was a perfume line sampler for my mother for Christmas. You'd have to be fairly old to remember Midnight in Paris which I believe was manufactured with the target demographic being young teens to use as gifts for older women (yeah it was that cheap). The box was large, but flat so you could see each component through the plastic window. Bath salts, talc, powder, perfume, cologne and endless other oddities. I thought it was so generous of me and the size would impress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an aside, if you really did find that bag not knowing it was there - you've gone well beyond worrying that you don't clean often enough. Check for bits of pterodactyl food lying about the closet floor! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what lurks inside the walls of an old house. Hey, you've given me an idea for a future post! Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete
  3. I WAS LUCKY TO END UP WITH ONE OF THE "ORIGINAL" BOSTON STORE MILE MARKER SIGN POSTS THAT DOTTED THE ERIE COUNTY LANDSCAPE. (20 MILES) GOT IT FROM THEIR MAINTENANCE MAN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a lucky man. I never see those signs anymore.

      Delete
    2. How fabulous! I've always thought I'd love to have one of those AND a full set (one message) of Burma Shave signs. The two wonders of my young world living in Erie. Someday I will make a pilgrimage back to Erie - probably only to discover that you can never go home again. Maybe better to just live with the wonderful memories . . .

      Delete
    3. its true you cant ever go home again... but the memories of a by gone time are wonderful and give me a peaceful feeling

      Delete
  4. My memory of the Boston Store was that my grandmother worked in the "lunch area" and my mother sister and I enjoyed a treat... I had my favorite sunday
    "Hot Fudge" yum yum still my all time favorite !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a Magnavox television in 1978

    ReplyDelete