|Majestic Theater and Scott Block on West 10th St. Photo courtesy of Erie Police historian Ken Sidun.|
None of the buildings shown in this photo exist today. The Majestic was demolished in 1967.
The Lawrence Hotel, on the corner of 10th and Peach Street, is the first building on the left. The Lawrence was built in 1913 and was demolished in 1968.
The Scott Block, shown on the right in this photo, was built in 1875 and was demolished in 1969. It was owned by W. L. Scott. The Hilton Hotel occupied the site of all three buildings in the 1980s, stretching from State to Peach on West 10th St.
Brush up on the history of Erie, Pennsylvania at Old Time Erie