Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mid-City Golf Range East 12th Street, Erie PA

I drive past the old Mid-City Golf Range several times a week and I still wonder why it closed. I used to go there all the time in the early eighties to play miniature golf or hit a few balls in the batting cages. It was also fun to watch the guy drive around in a caged-in vehicle sweeping up golf balls from the field. Which remains an empty field to this day. I think the lot at 1401 East 12th Street was supposed to be part of an industrial park, but so far nothing has been developed there.

Par at Mid-City miniature golf course was 41.

We also played miniature golf at Putt-Putt on Buffalo Road in Harborcreek and the one on 12th and Peninsula Drive in Millcreek Township. They are all gone.

1 comment:

  1. I vaguely remember it, but Putt-Putt on the West side actually was in the West Erie Plaza prior to moving to 12th and Peninsula.

    ReplyDelete