Sam Cooke played the Warner Theatre in 1958 in Erie, PA
Twenty acts appeared at the Warner Theatre in Erie, Pennsylvania for the 'Show of Stars for '58' tour on April 23, 1958. They performed two show, one at 7 p.m. and another at 9 p.m. Tickets were reasonable, ranging from two to three dollars. The following singers and groups appeared:
- Sam Cooke "You Send Me" (a #1 hit which debuted in Oct. of 1957)
- Jimmie Rodgers "Oh, Oh, I'm Falling in Love"
- Paul Anka "You Are My Destiny"
- George Hamilton the IV "Now and For Always"
- Clyde McPhatter "Without Love"
- La Vern Baker "Jim Dandy"
- Frankie Avalon "Dee Dee Dinah"
- The Silhouettes "Get A Job"
- The Royal Teens "Short Shorts"
- The Storey Sisters "Bad Motorcycle"
- The Crescendos "Oh, Julie"
- The Monotones "Book of Love"
- The Play Mates "Jo Ann"
- Jimmy Reed "You're Somethin' Else"
- Jackie Wilson "Reet Petitie"
- Harold Cromer "Jim Dandy"
- Huey Smith and the Clowns "Don't You Just Know It"
- Jimmy Dell
- Bobby Marchan (who later had a #1 R&B hit "There's Something On Your Mind Pt. 2"
Read all about the history of Erie, PA at Old Time Erie