Mercyhurst College Summer 1958 Expenses
Mercyhurst College in Erie, PA was bestowed with University status early in 2012. Once upon a time it was a humble, all-girl school run by nuns. It's amazing how much this sprawling campus has grown over the years, with a world class hockey team and a top tier intelligence studies program. Here are some interesting facts from a 1958 summer session brochure:
- Classes were held June 23 to August 2, 1958
- Tuition was $12.00 per credit (yes, TWELVE dollars)
- Room and board was $120.00 for the entire summer session
- Lab fees ranged from $5 to $10
- Classes included Elementary Latin, German Literature, French Literature, Zoology, American Government and U.S. and Pennsylvania History (among others)
- The disclaimer stated that 'Courses listed will not be given unless sufficient students enroll for them. Other courses will be added if there is sufficient demand.'
- Traditional Undergraduate Students- Erie Campus $2,715
- Adult Students- Erie Campus $1,851
- North East and West Campus student $1,380
- Registration fee $45
- Fee for Science Labs $140
Also see the Penn State University tuition costs and fees from 1955.