|George N. Hathaway of Wesleyville, PA.|
Spanish-American War Veteran Compensation
If you think one of your ancestors served in the Spanish-American War, you can check this new database on Ancestry.com, "Spanish-American War Compensation." If you don't have a subscription, you can search for free on four computers in the Heritage Room at the Blasco Memorial Library in Erie. The cards contain the following information:
- The full name of the veteran.
- Dates of Service.
- Veteran's address when he entered the service.
- His date and place of birth.
- If married, his wife's first and maiden name.
- The names of his minor children.
- The names of his parents.
- Grade or rating and place of service.
- Date and place of honorable discharge.
- Veteran's address when application was filed.