Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sherlock's article from Erie Star Aug. 1982

During the summer between tenth and eleventh grade, I wrote for the Erie Star Magazine, published by Randy Arrowsmith. I thought this would be a great stepping stone on my way to Rolling Stone. I wrote about Sherlock's on State Street and Park Place on North Park Row. The two bars connected and formed an "L" shaped property. Given my young age, I was allowed but a brief time to gather information inside the bar, and the owners were none too happy about me being there. Think 'Drive by Writing.' You'll notice there are no quotes from anyone who worked at the bar. 

Sherlock's was located in the building that housed the old Parris Supper Club. The bar is still going strong in 2014.

View more historic photos and facts about Erie, PA at Old Time Erie

No comments:

Post a Comment